Telegram Messanger Integration

Hello,
I was wondering if there is the chance to integrate Telegram Messenger (Playstore, AppStore, Web, Linux, Windows versions available). It’s kind of like WhatsApp and fairly popular in Europe. Also, you can create bots without a phone number. My window sensors and central heating is all automated and my apartment bot texts me a couple times a day via Telegram. That seems easier than sending a regular text message, since I have to pay for each one.
Love to hear your feedback!
Thanks!

@peffel I’ll look this in my free time

I second this and might even be able to help when i get my hands on some hardware :slight_smile:

I once started creating a Telegram bot but the problem for me, back then, was that it requres a server. So in order to have a “free chat service” someone needs to pay money for a server (tell me if I’m wrong).

So the question is: How can make sure that these servies are build and keep running?

https://www.sohamkamani.com/blog/2016/09/21/making-a-telegram-bot/[quote=“jan, post:4, topic:278, full:true”]
I once started creating a Telegram bot but the problem for me, back then, was that it requres a server. So in order to have a “free chat service” someone needs to pay money for a server (tell me if I’m wrong).

So the question is: How can make sure that these servies are build and keep running?

Well - my thoughts were that the “server”-part should be running in mugsy. I guess that we will have access to raspberry software/hardware.

I have set up a few telegram integrations/bots and that’s how they solved it. Running a telegram bot in docker/python/node on mugsy should work fine. It would also give us easy access to mugsy api or even mugsy internal workings.

With that being said, I haven’t seen any software or hardware in detail. But I’m pretty sure running your own bot on your own mugsy is the way to go.

Not sure of Telegram’s specific set up but yes, you can run any additional software and servers on Mugsy’s Pi without issue.

There is also the option of running it locally on your computer. On the Discord Bot Tutorial I released, the middleware was a node app running on my Macbook: https://www.heymugsy.com/blog/2019/5/8/custom-integrations-tutorial