Chances of a refund?

I’m becoming less and less confident that refunds on this will make it through. I asked for mine on the 15th and was told 5 to 10 business days. I’ve chased and nothing.

I didn’t back this on Kickstarter, I pre-ordered. That was in December 2018.

I’m wondering whether we’re now going to be stuffed as so much time has passed. Will the bank refund? Will Stripe refund?

For me, this is the end of the road when it comes to this type of speculation, which is a shame for any genuine products out there. But this is the second time I’ve been “bitten”.

If you haven’t ordered over Kickstarter, there is a legally binding contract between you and the vendor making it enforceable by law that you either get your good or the money back. But unless you’re an attorney or have one in your family, you’d need a lawyer who knows where to file what to make progress here. You’d get those costs back from the losing party (the vendor) but this will take time and you have to ask yourself if 200$ is worth the effort.

Things you can do without any costs:

I’m in the UK so I’ll start with my bank. As far as I can see, there has been a lot of misinformation. First there are units being shipped, then there are only 2 in the field. Updates that seem to get delayed due to outages or having to do other stuff. Could be that this is an accumulation of bad luck but it feels like this has just run out of steam/motivation/money to be finished in a timely manner. This will spiral now and the only way is down. I’m guessing a significant proportion of the funds raised have been spent. So the chances of those at the end of the queue getting anything are getting smaller with every passing day. I just hope lessons have been learned.

When you talk to your bank ask about creating a dispute with stripe, as he used that as payment provider for us weborders as well. A dispute in simple terms means that the bank asks stripe for return of a payment on for example fradulent basis, not saying this is fradulent, stripe will contact the seller and withdraw the asked ammount from the sellers stripe account, and deposits it back to you, the seller then has a month to protest with evidence to stripe - if they have evidence that verify that they had owned up to their promise to you as a customer, then you’ll get recharged with that ammount.

I asked for a refund on Feb 13th and Matt replied on the 14th stating my refund would take 5-10 days. It’s now May and I have still not had a refund. Matt has continued to dodge my messages and emails.

I’m a bit confused what’s going on here.

Personally, I don’t think there’s anything confusing going on. The project, for whatever reason, is dead and there is no money for refunds. I’d be hiding too in the same position!

@peterjonesio i knew of a backer that had to wait abouth a month, but this seems rediculously(?) long.
He’s been open in the latest updates that most funds are in parts and costs for transports so refunds would take time. But not two / three months

But if most of the money is in parts and transports: Which parts have been transported to which location? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

from China to NY i think parts was transported, thus parts - location.
But transports are the costs of storage, i guess both amazon / ups and easy ship has involved some costs for being used to some extent

Well he continues to post to social media, the blog and to members on here. It’s my hope he see’s my message here and responds else I will have to contact my bank I think.

@peterjonesio Will dig into your refund and get you an update by morning. Apologies for the delay.

And deff not hiding out, just trying to stay focused on shipping. Will be online with more regular hours in a day or two.

Took 2 months and 2 days for me to get mine. Just couldn’t wait any longer but wish I’d got the machine instead of a refund.

Peterjones did you get an update?

No… @matt any follow up on your previous statement?

How about now then, have you got a reply

Nope :joy: got furloughed today as well so now would be a really good time to have my money :sob: